Thursdays 4:30-6:00 PM
September 19-December 19 (No class Oct. 17 & Nov 28)
Enrollment closes September 25
Through many different activities, voice & body work, students will craft their skills in the art of improvisation. We will fully delve into this exciting realm from many different angles and prepare the students to perform in front of a live audience. As they become ready, opportunities will be made available. Registration Fee: $15 Tuition: $150 (monthly payment plan available)
Improvisation is NOT just for actors. Benefits include:
• Improving verbal communication/extemporaneous speech
• Accepting and celebrating mistakes as part of growth
• Cultivating active listening skills
• Learning how to focus in a conversation
• Growing in physical and emotional awareness
• Developing confidence and skills in giving speeches
• Strengthening debate skills
• Engaging in healthy, balanced social interaction
• Learning to work as a team
What makes Outta Theatre classes different?
1. Practical training combined with performance experience in a safe, creative, family friendly learning environment. Instead of just learning technique in a standard class setting or auditioning to be on stage for a specific production, the Outta Theatre experience combines the benefits of both worlds.
2. Customized productions.
3. Everyone gets a part, guaranteed. Every student will enjoy the opportunity to develop their skills and confidence in the spotlight, and experience the energy of a live audience.
4. Performance diversity: Variety shows (short scenes, monologues, musical acts, improvisation, physical theatre, and more), Plays (comedy or drama), Mimeodrama (Physical theatre with spoken dialogue), radio shows, and more.